iGlobalNews.Com launched in May 2020 as a media platform with a mission to showcase the vibrant Indian diaspora, in the UK and around the world.
As part of this mission, there are several opportunities open to budding professionals to work alongside our dynamic Editorial and Events team, with the prospect of long-term employment opportunities.
* Budding journalists keen to get involved as Roving Reporters, with a focus on specific subject areas from politics and community to wellness and entertainment.
* Video Diaries capturing the voice of the Global Indian and perspectives that matter to them.
* Interviews with speakers/visitors.
* Features related to topical issues.
* Is social media your comfort zone? Get some real-world experience of how to make stories/issues go viral.
* Work alongside the Events team to plan and execute a marketing strategy
* Be a part of this revolutionary new hub of podcasts by developing and promoting fresh soundbytes.
* Convert video content into packaged podcast series.
* Is Graphic Design your chosen career path? Join the prolific iGlobal Design team to learn from some of the best and get hands on experience.
What it means?
* Intensive coaching with experienced media professionals
* Help with building a diverse media portfolio
* Getting your voice and that of your community amplified
* Training on the job and gain first-hand experience
* Being a part of the fastest-growing British Indian media platform
An exciting new role has come up to take charge of the Business and Personal Finance section of iGlobalNews.com, the exciting new media hub for and about Global Indians.
The opportunity is for someone who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic media organisation and help shape the business and finance news coverage of a rapidly growing media organisation.
This position is a great opportunity for someone with experience in the field of finance and business news, with some knowledge of India and Global Indians. The successful candidate will be able to build their own editorial direction for the business/finance section and help deliver the vision for this new multimedia publication. A strong grasp of global, especially South Asian news and current affairs, is essential, along with a canny eye for a good story.
* Determine the editorial agenda for the Business and Finance sections and generate engaging content
* Write regular features/columns and conduct exclusive interviews in a multimedia format
* Build up a strong contributor base for the content and maintain a regular relationship with expert columnists
* Ensure an edgy flow of reports/features that fit into the platform’s ethos, going behind and beyond a news development
* Copy Edit contributions from freelancers and regular columnists for the Business section
* A strong grasp of business/finance news is essential
* Experience of working within deadlines
* A portfolio of multimedia content is desirable
* Working as part of a dynamic multi-media team
* Researching relevant topics and drafting daily News Briefs
* Suggesting topics/ideas for features
* Conducting/Transcribing interviews
* Collating social media trends
* Drafting/Proofing multi-media content
* Tracking community-sourced content
* Planning/assisting with copywriting social media content
* Coordinating with the Marketing Team to ensure maximum impact/reach
* Strong English language and grammar skills a pre-requisite
* Basic multi-media skills
* Some training in the media industry desirable, though not essential
* A keen interest in current affairs
* Some basic knowledge of the Global Indian diaspora