Climbing yet another step towards further success, the radio – which launched as an online radio station during the pandemic – recently inaugurated their first ever studio space at White Rose Park in Leeds.
The opening ceremony of the radio’s state-of-the-art broadcasting and recording studio was attended by well over 100 people, including radio hosts, community leaders and dignitaries like Consul General of India, Birmingham Dr Shashank Vikram who joined the event remotely. Commencing with invocation by two of the radio's youngest presenters providing context for this significant milestone, the event carried on with Ganesh Stuti, a hymn for Lord Ganesh, and Shanti Mantra, a prayer for peace.
The event welcomed guests like Kully Thiarai Creative Director & CEO of Leeds 2023, Shirley Ludford DL from Swindon 105.5, Councillor Sharon Hamilton from Leeds City Council, Raj Sritharan, Project Manager at IBM UK and a number of community leaders from local community groups.
"Rangoli Radio has long been a beacon of diversity and artistic expression in the digital arena. With this expansion into a physical studio, we are seeking to bring our audience even closer, forging connections, and amplifying the voices that deserve to be heard," said Narahari Joshi, one of the directors of Rangoli Radio.
"This significant milestone will mean that this digital companion is set to continue enriching lives by connecting people, celebrating the rich cultural tapestry of the community, and spotlighting stories," he added.
During the ceremony, directors of Rangoli Radio also unveiled an exciting roadmap for its transformation from a virtual platform to a physical powerhouse. The roadmap includes:
MORE LIKE THIS…
- Showcasing Charitable Work: With its wide-reaching platform, Rangoli Radio seeks to spotlight the extraordinary charitable initiatives and impactful projects and social contributions of organisations, raising awareness and giving well-deserved recognition to commendable efforts.
- Role Model Shows: "Role Model" shows – an inspiring platform for individuals of all ages –to present leaders from the wider community, sharing their incredible personal and professional journeys.
- Community Meetings and Events: hosting community gatherings and events at the White Rose Park, providing a space for individuals and organisations to come together, collaborate on community service projects, exchange ideas, and nurture unity.
- Supporting Business Park Events: Rangoli Radio hopes to enhance the reach and engagement of White Rose Park’s events with live broadcasts, enriching the experience for participants and fostering community involvement.
- Dedicated Shows for Wellness: Recognising the growing importance of wellness and mindfulness, the radio will host live meditations and yoga sessions remotely, promoting a healthier lifestyle and overall well-being.
- Empowering Local Schools: Rangoli Radio continues to be determined to nurture young voices by offering radio broadcast training programs for local students, hoping to empower them with broadcast and journalism skills, building their self-esteem and confidence.
MORE LIKE THIS…
*Info: Rangoli Radio